Laura J. Huslster
Skip back to main navigation
Laura J. Huslster joined the Physical Education Department in 1949 as Head of Physical Education for Women, a role she held until 1966. She remained in the department until her retirement in 1977. Laura was responsible for the name change in programs and buildings from “Woman’s” to “Women’s”, moving from singular to plural to better represent who the resources served. Laura also helped create the first professional curriculum in dance at Illinois and initiated motor fitness testing on physical education students.