150 for 150
Louise Freer

Louise Freer

Louise Freer became Head of the Department of Physical Education for Women in 1915 and remained in her position for nearly 35 years until her retirement in 1949. Louise advocated for women’s athletics at the University and led the Women’s Department into an era that produced improvements in facilities and new program designs. The Women’s Department trained countless young women who went on to make their marks in the field of physical education.